- Only allow registered electrical contractors to perform electrical installation work on
- Refrain from using damaged extension leads or appliances with damaged power cords and
replace damaged ones.
- Do not run power cords over sharp edges, especially metallic ones that may cause an
- Do no spill liquids onto appliances or power outlets as it may damage the installation or
cause an electrocution?
- First switch off the power outlet before removing the socket and do not unplug the socket
by pulling on the power cord.
- When in doubt confirm with our Local Supply Authority on what is allowable and safe.
- Do not use extension leads outdoors for prolonged periods of time as its integrity will be
compromised due to weather and physical contact.
- Do not make modifications to the electrical installation yourself, contact a registered
Electrical Contractor for assistance.
- Do not overload electrical outlets as this may cause undue heat build-up and cause a fire.
- Never assume that a power interruption will be suitable isolation to allow modifications to
an electrical installation affect your own isolation to ensure returning power will not lead to
an unsafe condition.
- Do not leave appliances on when a power interruption occurs as the return of power may
cause damage due to heating appliances.